– 22 June 2015 –
Happy Solstice! and Sunday!
This week’s prompt has a payoff.
This opp has such specific criteria that I hope you’ll look at it, think about it, and write it.
The guts of it are as follows:
- Write a play with a three-act structure ranging from 20 to 35 pages using seven characters of dictators that existed/still exist in the 21st Century, in any possible theme you may wish to put/gather them in.
- During the play, the playwright is free to be creative in any possible way (no limitations) to create their piece.
- The playwright is allowed to add up to three more anonymous characters (not real existing people).
- We expect the writers to reflect and discuss problems in our world through the chosen dictators, and anticipate the dictators’ feelings, thoughts and plans. We expect them to discuss problems that might have happened, still existing, and/or will exist.
- The idea of having seven dictators, is a way for highlighting the idea as a global phenomena, and not only focusing on one country. So we expect the writer to be diversified in intelligent in choosing the characters, and making the blend.
- You are free to choose any genre of horror, fantasy, politics, romance, or any other one.
- Dictators can be people who are non-politicians too. They can be actually in any field. Most Dictators as commonly defined by the society, are tyrants, but actually not all dictators are tyrants. However, we expect you in the very beginning, in the introduction of your play, to write two lines about each dictator you chose, in case he/she is not a very well recognized character worldwide.
- We expect the script to be unexpected, powerful, philosophical, and artistic, with sophisticated ideas, ideologies, beliefs, and settings. We simply ask you as the playwright to create a masterpiece in the realm of literature, something that was never written before, an invention!